The Anglican Church Southern Queensland is committed to supporting and seeking justice for victims of sexual abuse in our community. Those who suffer from sexual abuse are not only the survivor, but their families, friends, associates, the broader church community and all concerned.
SAFE MINISTRY POLICY STATEMENT
The Anglican Church of Australia is committed to the physical, emotional and spiritual welfare and safety of all people, particularly within its own community.
The Church will:
- carefully recruit and train its clergy and church workers;
- adopt and encourage safe ministry practices by its clergy and lay church workers;
- respond promptly to each concern raised about the behaviour of its clergy and lay church workers;
- offer pastoral support to any person who has suffered abuse;
- provide pastoral support to and supervision of any person who has been accused of abuse; and
- provide pastoral support to and supervision of any person known to have abused a child or another vulnerable person.
Resolution of General Synod 2004
Resolution of Archbishop-in-Council 2005
Amended by Brisbane Synod 2007
You will find important information in the links below, please click on the appropriate button.